Wednesday 12 October 2016

Geometry Animation

In this motion graphics workshop we had to create a short 10 second clip on aftereffects using geometric shapes created on illustrator, we were shown an example piece for inspiration.


Spherikal from Ion on Vimeo.

I did some of my own further research on vimeo and found an interesting short clip in black and white based on the geometric shape of a sphere;

Koba Ident from Koba on Vimeo.


I liked the idea of using mainly circular shapes in my work and i wanted to keep the colour scheme simple and stick to just 3 colours so i chose to use black, white and pink. The workshop was really helpful and i learnt a lot of new techniques such as morphing, however i didn't have enough time during the session to complete my animation. After learning the different techniques i went home and added new material to my clip to improve it. I have uploaded the work i did during the workshop and then my final version which i edited at home;

Geometry Experiment from Jennie Chinn on Vimeo.
 
Exploring Geometry from Jennie Chinn on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment