Wednesday 8 March 2017

After Effects - Infographics

In today's workshop we had to collect data about ourselves and create a short 10 second animation displaying this information visually. The two main aspects we looked at were creating two different scenes to work with, one to do with a map and one to do with a bar chart. I chose to use a map of the UK displaying my journey from my hometown of Milton Keynes to Uni, and for the bar chart i chose to do how much i sleep as it was supposed to be something that represents us and sleeping is something very important to me.

Before the workshop i looked in to different infographic designers as i've never done anything like this before so i wanted to find some inspiration and some ideas for what information about myself i should include. I found the designer Jonathan Shackleton, i like the idea of using a dark grey, white and then a bright colour as it looks simple but you can use the bright colour to highlight any important aspects.


We were also shown a couple of examples during the workshop to give us some inspiration and also to demonstrate what sort of techniques we'd be learning how to do. This one was my favourite as it was kept quite simple but effective and i liked the use of the circle as a symbol throughout the whole clip to transition through each bit of data, i thought this tied it all together nicely and made it flow.


Here is what i created during the workshop; my favourite part was the map section.  After the workshop i reflected on what i had done and decided that my design was a bit dark and maybe adding some more colour may look better and also playing around with the start and also my transition clip could improve it slightly.




Final Animation:

Infographics - About Me Final from Jennie Chinn on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment