Wednesday 7 December 2016

AfterEffects: The Hand

In today's workshop we were looking at how to animate a hand drawn image. To do this we had to bring with us to the workshop 3 identical line drawings traced on top of each other, so we had three versions of the same image scanned in to work with.
We were shown an example piece in the workshop:

Forest: Just One Day from Johnny Kelly on Vimeo.

For my piece, i decided to draw a tree, i traced my drawing so i had three versions of the same image, this is so when you animate it it flows nicely. During the workshop i found my tree was really difficult to animate in a hand drawn way as it is really detailed and not drawn from one single line however i tried my best to achieve the same look. I used a tool to make the trunk appear like it was being drawn and then i used a slightly different effect to make the branches look like they were growing off the tree. To improve this i decided to redraw my tree in a simpler way and start again, doing the same thing but making it look better, also adding text.

The Hand - tree from Jennie Chinn on Vimeo.


Simple Tree from Jennie Chinn on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment